Wednesday, May 2, 2007

MY DATE

Well, all of you have been waiting patiently for the report of my blind date with Tony. It went well....I think. He was, in fact, a very nice man, he did wear cheap Avon cologne, but he did not have on nurses shoes. So he is a lot like his grandma, minus the shoes.

We had a really nice time, but it took a little while for me to overcome his appearance. I'm not at all into "fashion" I think you have way too much time on your hands and the I.Q. of a parasite to be a slave to fashion. But on a first date it can be disconcerting to show up at a girls house dressed in a butcher's apron. You see, Tony works at a meat processing plant and doesn't get off til 6pm. Our date was scheduled to begin at 6:30pm, so he didn't have time to go home and change. He did however, put on a fresh apron (which I was very thankful for) and really sprayed on the Avon cologne to cover the smells of meat processing. (or at least I think that's what the smell was, maybe he was just nervous)

Anyway, he took me to this French Restaurant, where they wouldn't seat us because Tony didn't have on a dinner jacket. Tony tried to convince the Matador(isn't that what the guy who seats you at fancy restaurants is called?) that his apron was the latest style in dinner jackets, but it didn't fly and we had to leave. We headed across the street to a hot dog stand with seating. They served hot dogs, brats, burgers, chicken fingers, and brownschwiger. The problem was that Tony doesn't eat meat, and you can certainly understand why considering his occupation. So I had a hot dog, well half of one, then Tony told me how they make hot dogs at his plant. And Tony ate some Sour kraut. We talked forever about our families, can you believe his family does the same as we do at Easter, except they do it at Christmas with a weird Santa. After dinner we went roller skating and had so much fun, until Tony got his apron strings caught in my skate and we crashed. The rink was really full, because it was Senior Skate night, and we had about 40 Old-timers piled on top of us before the rink manager came out and help get us all up. After that Tony took me home. He didn't even try to kiss me at the door. (This may have been due to the fat lip he got when we crashed.)

So that was it, we had so much fun. I didn't get a picture, cause it would have been weird. I did however, ask Tony to give me a tour of the plant where he works, and he said he would, so I don't think it would be weird at all to take pictures on a tour. I'm not sure where our relationship will go, but he has called me everyday this week, so I think he's interested.

So that's all from here.

10 comments:

sarahmfry said...

I don't think I know you, but I've seen your blog linked from everywhere! So I checked you out and got a great belly laugh. I'm still laughing, in fact. Now I've got some pretty hilarious pictures to carry with me today. Please keep us posted on this apron man.

Anonymous said...

I love cheap cologne the best..please get more details on hot dog making...this is why I always say "go kosher." Glad the date went SO WELL..sounds like he could be your longlost"soul mate".
Yr friend, Hammond chick

kayla said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I was wondering if you could get Tony to check for sick cats outside the meat plant.
I was so disappointed that he didn't wear crocs. I have a friend who is really into them, and I thought if it did't work out with you maybe she could give it a go. Thinking of her got me thinking of cat cadavers again. She once killed a cat in Alabama. She was on her way to the home of another friend who tells a delightful little tale about a cat waving its paws in front of its face just before getting hit by a car. I have another friend who was once covered with ticks. This seems very catlike to me. I think that this is a sign that they should be the first to sign on under us once we get this up and going. Please let me know what you think.
Puss-N-Boots

Anonymous said...

Hey...i thought the tracks were hidden very well in that crime..but call me if any high-speed cat chasin outside the hotdog plant is necessary:)HC

Tara said...

HEY WAIT A MINUTE! What do I have to do with this discussion OR THIS PERSON, for pete's sake?????

Derek Hickman said...

Hey Viola! So good to see your blog. I love your honesty about your life. You go girl! Keep us entertained with that wonderful humor of yours. I'm sure that Tony is there to stay and you guys will really hit it off!

Derek Hickman said...

Hey Viola! Fancy meeting you here! I remember you from the good ol' days, when you were dating my brother Paul. I know you guys fought a lot, but I always liked your smile . . . even without your teeth.

Have a great day, and keep in touch!

Viola said...

Puss-n-boots; Two of my kitties have died from the "head-banging" problem. I have them in the deep freeze. I hate to waste the money sending them in before I have a real load. Besides, I want to get this business off the ground first.
Barry; I'm not sure I remember Paul, I've dated so many people tring to find THE ONE. I like your blog though and plan to make it one of my favorites.

Anonymous said...

That's so great about the kitties in your freezer. The street I live on has the same problem of genetically impaired kitties. It started with just three cats that multiplied into many low gene kitties. They have started playing chicken with the cars driving by. It is very interesting to watch, they will wait until they see a car driving by and then dart rapidly back and forth across the road until the car is almost there and then fall out laughing on the side of the road. Unfortunately we have some nieghbors who are not cat lovers and when this happens to them they just happen to accidently swerve off the road. It is such a sad ending for the kitties, but a real boast to our business. I have five in my freezer. I think that if we wait until we have at least ten that should be enough for us to go ahead and start advertising. Just keep me informed.
Puss-N-Boots